Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homemade Pancakes from Scratch

So I've been making small changes to take control of my I feed my family. However as a working mom, having extra time on my hands is myth. So one of the things I have started making is pancake mix, now I did not come up with this recipe and I can't remember where I found it. If the creator stumbles along this recipe please take credit and I thank you.






Whole Wheat Pankcake Mix


1 cup sugar
6 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups white flour
1/4 cup baking powder
1-1/2 cup instant dry milk powder
1 Tablespoon salt


Mix all together and store in an air tight container. Done, Easy right?


Now for the recipe to make the pancakes:


2 cups of mix (above)
1 egg
1-1/2 cup water, (I use half water and half milk sometimes)
3 Tablespoon oil


Option 1/2 cup: chocolate chips, strawberries, pumpkin, etc.


Note: I always add cinnamon and a little vanilla extract to my pancakes.


So Sunday morning everyone awoke from a quick slumber, aka girl sleepover. I went to sleep listening to giggles and awoke to them.










Now of course my well planning skills left us with enough maple syrup for the girls to use, so time to raid the pantry and fridge. Honey for mama and homemade blackberry jam for daddy.


pancake toppings




After breakfast was complete and everything was cleaned, I of coarse made another batch of pancakes to freeze. Love having quick healthy breakfast options in the mornings.


I hope that you try the recipe and enjoy and morning or evening of made from scratch pancakes.


I would love to hear your comments!

1 comment: