Thursday, January 24, 2013



This past weekend, I sat down with a nice hot cup of tea looked out the window into the winter cold and thought of my garden. Since I have a greenhouse this year, I can get my seedlings started early and not take over the dining area in the house.

So I got out my graph paper to draw out my current garden of raised boxes. Took out of the cupboard my stash of seeds and seed catalog, now I can begin to plan. This year I plan on adding zucchini and summer squash to the list, dropping the peas because I did not get a lot with the space I have. And mini bell peppers, I still need to find a place to order these from.

So this year I’ll be planting green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, mini bell peppers, pumpkins, carrots, greens, spinach, broccoli (one more time), melons (watermelon and cantaloupe), onions, zucchini, summer squash, and cucumbers. I also still have the strawberry patch in the back, along with the herb garden. The blueberries and raspberries, and hoping to add blackberries this year. Lastly, I hope to add two apple trees, I want a small orchard in our back yard!

Now I need to purchase some soil, finishing placing everything on the garden layout so I can figure out how many seedlings to start. Order a few seeds. Then in mid-February, I’ll get the seeds planted and set out in the greenhouse.
What are you planning to grow this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment